Monday, May 12, 2008

Finally made it to Paris

As I mentioned before in another post, Paris is very pleasant city to do biking, but the banlieue, that is, the outskirts of Paris, is perhaps even better. I actually live in Antony, to the southern part of the banlieue near to the airport of Orly (not Charles de Gaule to the north of Paris). Nearby there is a very long and beautiful passage for bicycles that connects Paris and Massy-Palaiseau, called la coullee verte.

I usually use the coullee verte when I go by bike to Polytechnique, which is further to the south. However, it was not until today that I used this way to go to Paris. I really liked the way, though it sometimes lacks adequate signs to guide the bikers to the correct directions (I actually got the wrong track twice). The part that connects Antony and the beginning of Paris is very fun, since the landscape is nice and especially because you do not have to stop in the crossing that often. However, when you reach near Paris things begin to change. The landscape is no longer green but filled with ugly buildings and worst, you sometimes have to wait for some minutes at the crossings until the traffic lights turn green.

Besides theses inconveniences, I think the path is overall very pleasant and I leave the recommendation.

No comments: