Thursday, March 27, 2008

My first Embraer

Many do not know that the third largest airplane manufacturer is a Brazilian company named Embraer. Specially for we that graduated at ITA, Embraer has a particular importance because it was for the success that Embraer now has that our university was originally created: to build the human resources to start and populate the Brazilian aeronautics industry.

Although I met with several people that work at Embraer, it was not until last Monday, that I was able to enter an Embraer airplane, more specifically the Air France ERJ 145 with capacity for 50 passengers. My impression of the plane was really good. Though it is smaller than the usual Airbus that is commonly used in these regional flights, it was really a comfortable trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i have never flew on an embraer jet neither!
Yeah, people here at ENAC always say that embraer make good airplanes..Viva Brésil ;)!

Swastik said...

U write real well.. carry on!

Vivek Nigam said...

Thanks for the comments. I will try to keep it updated, and hope to have some more interesting experiences and thoughts to share.

Ivomar, what can I say: I think that Embraer, together with Petrobras, are THE examples that Brazil has, not only natural resources, but also high technology enterprises!